Re: How to make Playbin plugin work when running rygel as a system service

On Di, 2013-11-05 at 10:01 +0200, Mehmet Giritli wrote:
Hi,

I'm running rygel as a systemd service with user root. Things are
running fine except I can not use playbin plugin in this case (trying to
play some media on the computer via rygel). I see these:

Nov  5 09:54:44 mordor rygel[1537]: ** (rygel:1537): WARNING **:
rygel-playbin-player.vala:438: Error from GStreamer element playbin0:
Cancelled (gstsouphttpsrc.c(879): gst_soup_http_src_finished_cb
(): /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
Nov  5 09:54:44 mordor rygel[1537]: libsoup status code 1)
Nov  5 09:54:44 mordor rygel[1537]: ** (rygel:1537): WARNING **:
rygel-playbin-player.vala:442: Going to STOPPED state

Works fine here (Debian sid/experimental), Rygel is running as a special
user started via systemd.

This looks more like the peer being a bit picky there. Other sessions
might block audio output and such, though.

I think the reason for it is that I am running rygel as an out of
session service, right? It was working fine when I was running it within
gnome sessions.

So my question is, is there a way I can still use playbin plugin when
running rygel as a system service as root and there is a session of
some/any other user running on the computer and the content is played in
that session even tough rygel is not running with that session?