Crash with playbin plugin

Hi,

I'm trying to use rygel as a headless media renderer via the playbin plugin.
I'm compiling by hand with Slackware 14. Somehow, I cannot get the plugin to
start. I've tried many versions of rygel (0.13-0.16; no higher versions
because I don't have gstreamer-1.0) and several versions of gssdp and gupnp,
but always with the same result--as soon as I stream a song from bubbleupnp to
rygel, the playbin plugin crashes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with
compiling, but  given that so many different versions yield the same result,
I'm starting to have the suspicion that the problem is in some configuration
detail that is currently escaping me. Nonetheless, for the record--I'm
compiling with the following options:

./configure     --prefix=/usr \
                --without-ui \
                --disable-tracker-plugin \
                --disable-mediathek-plugin \
                --disable-media-export-plugin \
                --enable-mpris-plugin \
                --disable-external-plugin \
                --disable-gst-launch-plugin \
                --disable-coverage

Dependencies as follows:
gssdp-0.13.2
gupnp-0.19.4
gupnp-av-0.12.2
gupnp-dlna-0.6.6
gupnp-vala-0.10.5

I really hope someone can help me, 'cause with rygel I can finally have a full-
fledged media center with audio and video.

Best,

PJ