Re: [dLeyna] [rygel] building rygel error

                 On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 06:00 +0000, Auro Tripathy wrote:
Thanks Mark and Jens,
I have a version running with a minor problem.

For every item indexed, I see the  message below. Can you please give
me guidance on getting rid of this.

        (rygel:2648): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref:
        assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

        (rygel:2648): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref:
        assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Hm, not without a backtrace:

please run rygel with G_DEBUG=fatal-criticals gdb rygel

This makes glib abort on the first critical error so you can issue "bt"
to get a backtrace for the message.

My build steps below...

#Get the PPAs as suggested by the Rygel team

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gstreamer-developers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vala-team
sudo apt-get update
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yg-jensge/gupnp-unstable
sudo apt-get update

#install gstreamer 1.0
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-tools gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0
gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0 gstreamer1.0-plugins-good
gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-libav

#get specific versions of vala components
sudo apt-get install valac-0.18 vala-0.18-doc valac-0.18-dbg

#check the version (should be 0.18)
valac --version

#now get everything but valac; you already have that
sudo apt-get install tracker libgee-dev libsqlite3-dev libsoup2.4-dev
uuid-dev xsltproc docbook-xsl gnome-common gtk-doc-tools

#install some dependencies, we're installing binaries for now, source
later
sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev
sudo apt-get install gupnp-1.0
sudo apt-get install gee-0.8
sudo apt-get install gupnp-av-1.0
sudo apt-get install gupnp-dlna-2.0

#### The following package could not be found and is not needed since
we're using sqlite db
#### sudo apt-get install tracker-sparql-0.16 *** needs to be
investigated

$now install the rygel source
sudo apt-get source rygel

#source should be in rygel-0.19.1

cd rygel-0.19.1/
sudo ./configure --disable-tracker-plugin
sudo make
sudo make install