RE: APE format doesn't support in rygel?

> > ;> > # gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///home/bob/Music/ai.ape
> >>
> >> You are using playbin and rygel is using playbin2. Pretty sure you can
> >> reproduce this with above command using playbin2. Its a gstreamer bug
> >> most likely.
> >>

> > I have confirmed it's not a gstreamer issue.
>
> No, you have not. You have only confirmed that playbin and playbin2
> are capable of playing the file.
>
> When you play the file using rygel, do you ask it to play from rygel
> (or some mediaserver) on another machine? The gst-launch pipeline is
> using filesrc most probably and rygel is probably playing through HTTP
> and hence using souphttpsrc. We can look more closely at the issue if
> you could run rygel with debugging and attach the logs here. Of course
> there is not guarantees we'll be able to figure it out for you but we
&g t; can try to help.

I think the core issue is Gstreamer have no way to support APE format demux in PUSH mode,
see patch:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-ffmpeg/commit/?id=f8e3a0007f0dd14135820e802c8e68d835a8a747

Is there anyway to make Rygel only use Gstreamer in PULL mode?
Thanks,
-Bob