Re: rygel & LG Smartshare: does not transcode ogg vorbis

On Sa, 2013-12-28 at 13:59 +0000, Frederik Himpe wrote:
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 13:47:16 +0100, Jens Georg wrote:

On Do, 2013-12-26 at 19:57 +0000, Frederik Himpe wrote:
I'm using Debian Wheezy and Rygel 0.20.1 and I'm sharing a directory
containing ogg vorbis files with rygel's MediaExport plug-in. My LG
smart tv sees these files, but refuses to play them because the file
format is not supported.

The rygel output looks like this:

Rygel-Message: rygel-main.vala:87: Rygel v0.20.1 starting…
Rygel-Message: New plugin 'MediaExport' available Rygel-Message: New
plugin 'Playbin' available MediaExport-Message:
'file:///mnt/storage/Music' harvested

(rygel:11174): Rygel-WARNING **: Failed to search in '0': SQLite error
1:
no such column: m.class

Huh. Why is that still there?

Extended debug log is available by running Rygel with

G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all rygel -g 5

I changed the directory for the MediaExport plug-in to one containing a
single ogg vorbis file, and then tried to play that file on the tv. This
is the complete rygel log:

http://artipc10.vub.ac.be/~frederik/rygel.log

Mhm, apparently it doesn't even try to play the file. Seems to ignore
the transcoded resources. Could you provide a packet capture? The
internet suggests that LG TVs can play Ogg vorbis files natively with a
proper content-type. So we could probably fix this.