Wrong aspect ratio on Samsung BD-C5500

When using Samsung BD-C5500 to play (some) media served by Rygel, the aspect ratio is wrong: instead of filling up the whole wide-screen, there are black bars on the sides and the video is squished.

There are no aspect ratio controls on the player (other than setting TV output to normal/wide globally) and changing the picture mode on the TV doesn't help either.

Both player and TV are 1920x1080 capable and usually show content with no problems.

Please let me know what further info you need, I'll try to provide it

Thanks,
KS