Re: Launching Rygel on headless server

I don't know if it can be strictly 'packaging' since an invocation of
dbus-launch somehow attempts to initiate X11 and fails. This is
consistent with its packaging, but not determined by it. The actual
logic of dbus-launch (direct from the debian wheezy armel repo) must
be somehow dependent on X as well.

Neither explains the segmentation fault reported some time after
dbus-launch fails.

I saw in another thread that these DBus warnings might be able to be
ignored, but it seems like the Segfault is what finally kills Rygel in
both cases, with or without dbus-launch.

I guess you are saying I'll need dbus-launch in order to successfully
serve wav data from pulseaudio via Rygel. However, I suspect the
segfault is worth figuring out anyway for the stability of the package
in general. Is there ARM support?

I'll see if I can find dbus-launch via some other route to satisfy
Rygel and workaround the segfault. Does that make sense?

Cefn
http://cefn.com