Re: [bump] rygel streaming live audio: low latency?

On Mi, 2012-06-13 at 16:27 +0200, Leonardo Gabrielli wrote:

I'm sorry, I somehow missed your answer.

> Thanks for the feedback.
> You are suggesting not compressing in order to reduce latency, right?

Yes. Although the higher amount of data you need to transport might void
that a bit.

> I have read that the current pulse and rygel versions are not working
> correctly. Is this still true?

That depends on what you consider current.

rygel >= 0.14.x and PulseAudio >= 1.0 should do just fine.

> May the high latency I experience depend on the ALSA buffer size?
> If:
> pacmd list | grep -i size
> I obtain device.buffering.buffer_size = "65536" for the default audio
> inputs/outputs. 65k samples at 44100 sampling frequency is more than a
> second! Maybe this can be lowered. Can it be a choice?
> Regards

Uh, that's out of my knowledge, sorry.