Transcoding + scrolling

Hi,

I'm using PS3 to play transcoded (MKV) files. Problem is, other than pausing and 1.5 playback, I can't scroll:
* fast-forward 10x and above just pauses the clip and stays in one place
* trying to open the clip timeline preview (square button) doesn't work -- each square gets a "?" image

When watching the whole clip straight through it's not a big problem, but sometimes I want to turn it off and finish the clip later...

Anything can be done to get it working?