Rygel's media presentation influence

Hi,

I'm using Rygel to be able to play video's on my Panasonic TX-P42G30
TV. In a way it works like a charm: I can play music, video's and
display pictures without any problems or required trickery. The only
(minor) issue is the fact that some file formats like .png and .mov
are also listed on the TV even though it is unable to show or play
them because the TV does not support them. Luckily but strangely
enough .mkv isn't a problem(!). Besides this you can add this device
to the list of devices usable with Rygel.

Because I was unable to find the necessary technical DLNA
documentation I was hoping you could clear some things up for me.

Does DLNA accommodate in a way to negotiate supported file formats
between the device and the server, allowing or limiting the server to
only serve those files supported by the device?
If yes, does Rygel support this and could it be that we are dealing
with a bug since I get to see unsupported files format on the TV?

An annoyance is the lack of being able to specify how the media,
listed on the TV, is sorted. This is a TV issue. It insists on sorting
e.g. all my video by date instead of name. It makes you wonder who
came up with that but still...
Does DLNA accommodate in a way to have any control over the order in
which media is listed on the device? If my TV does not provide a sort
customization, I was hoping DLNA might do through Rygel. If DLNA
allows you to do this, would it be interesting to implement this in
Rygel?

My TV also lists all videos by filename instead of actual video title.
I'm not using the tracker export (not providing sufficient control
over what is shared). Does Rygel's MediaExport actually read the video
titles and supply those to a device? If not, is this a Rygel or a DLNA
shortcoming?

To finishing up: where can I find the DLNA specs if it is not on the
dlna.org website?

I hope you can enlighten me a bit.

Yours,

Age Bosma