Re: rygel 0.8.3 under Ubuntu natty

On 30 April 2011 19:15, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:

>         There's a known issue in the gupnp-dlna version used together
>         with
>         rygel-0.8.3 that prevents metadata extraction if you have mkv
>         files with
>         subtitles.
>
> The vast majority of missing files were avi's.

The thing is that it gets stuck on one file and doesn't continue any
further.

I see.

> Thanks, I will try this.

Can you test both scenarios again, once without extraction and once
with? Thanks.

Without metadata extraction the harvest completes quickly, but response is sluggish (as seen from rygel on a desktop machine) until I restart rygel. After that response is fast a playback is fine.

With metadata extraction the harvest take some time to complete but all the files are included. In the debug logs I see metadata extraction timed out for some mkv files but they are still harvested, those files do have subtitles. Again, response is very slow until rygel is restarted.

Thanks,
Sim