Setting user preferences in git build

Dear rygel folks,

I just recently discovered this project, when digging into dlna and the
features of my new blueray player. Fortunately I have a Ubuntu server* at
home containing my ogg'ed music collection, and I am finally able to play
this directly on my hifi. At last!

Well. So far so good with audio. I installed the version available in
10.04 first, but quickly realized I would need a fresher release of Rygel.
So I upgraded server to 10.10 and have now built it from Git source.
Though I tried my best to wipe out all settings files (in .config/ and
/etc/rygel.conf) prior to running the Git Rygel, it is still able to find
the previous settings and folder paths. Which in one way was nice, as I
could test the playback. However, I do now longer seem to have the
preferences dialogue application available available - so where do I make
the changes/settings to folders/transcoding now?

And secondly, may I force transcoding of certain file types? My player
fails at playing xvid, probably convinced they are all Divx.

Thanks again for making this software available!

Kjetil B. Moe

[*] (almost 10 years old, still going strong)