Re: rygel autostart service in fedora 15

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:03 AM, phantom <phantom rob gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,

  Hello,

> I have been to the rygel pages on live.gnome but can not seem to find any
> details about automatically starting rygel as a service. I am running fedora
> 15, which ships the rygel binaries but no mechanism for managing it as a
> service (doesn't appear in system-config-services). Are there init scripts
> somewhere that I am missing?

  The only thing you are missing is the fact that rygel runs as a
session service and not system service by default[1]. Unfortunately,
currently[2] there is no way to get session services started at boot
so the user must login to the desktop. You still need to enable rygel
from the UI (rygel-preferences) but only once.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124

[1] It could be started as root (or any other user) on startup as well
but you'll have to manually put it in some start-up script.
[2] Hopefully Lennart's efforts on user-bus and automatic startup of
user services will bring some fruits by F16.