Re: Rygel Problems on Fedora 16

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 7:23 PM, WM <wandererm gmail com> wrote:
> Hi, Zeeshan

  Hi,

> This is my first time to try Rygel, I installed it on Fedora 16.
>
> Name        : rygel
> Arch        : i686
> Version     : 0.12.6
> Release     : 1.fc16
>
> I found that it would not autostart, I had to type command in terminal
> to launch it.

  You have to enable it from rygel-preferences and after you do that,
it should always start with your desktop session.

> The another problem was that It seemed not able to broadcast to
> another client. (which is also in 192.168.1.x)
> I used another Fedora 16 which also installed rygel as client, but
> they only see themselves without each other.
> I 've tried using system-config-firewall to shut down the firewall,
> but it still didn't work.

  Which client is this? Sometimes we need to add work-around/hacks for
particular clients for them to even see rygel. Please check this page:
https://live.gnome.org/Rygel/IOP and follow the instruction on the
top.

--
Regards,