Re: Rygel as daemon

On 15 June 2010 15:07, Jessica Lanquepin-Chesnais <jess3160 gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Rygel is really great on desktop computer, however I would like to use
it as daemon on NAS-oriented one. The current version in ubuntu lucid is
the  4.10 and requieres gconf. Is it possible to install rygel without
gconf in a more recent version and so to use it as a daemon ?

Regards

Guillaume

I have been using Rygel on a homebrew Ubuntu based NAS for some time now. I built rygel and gupnp from source as the packaged versions were much older. Sure the gstreamer plugins pull in some X libs but the whole root filesystem (with a lot of other stuff) only takes 1.4GB from a 2GB USB stick.

I created a simple config file in ~/.config/rygel.conf and an upstart script which runs rygel under my username rather than root.

Sim