Does rygel work with MediaRenderer version 1

Hi there

I'm using rygel 0.4.8 and have two UPnP media renders here. One DVB-T Set-Top Siemens Gigaset M740 and one WiFi digital photoframe from phillips. Both devices are unable to browse any data from rygel while it does work with XBMC on a regular PC. In addition I also have a fuppes based UPnP server which works well with both devices mentioned above. If I start rygel simultaneously they can't browse data from fuppes anymore. Is it because rygel is a media renderer version 2 and my devices only support version 1?

Thanks for your help