Re: Next GNOME+Rust hackfest?

On May 30, 2018 5:41 PM, Sebastian Dröge <slomo coaxion net> wrote:

On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 16:35 +0200, Guillaume Gomez wrote:

To make things even more funny, none of them have schedules yet!

So what I propose in a first place is just to pick a location and

eventually a month (November would be the default choice).

Unless someone else really wants to organize things, I could care for

everything here and we could do the hackfest in Thessaloniki, Greece.

We did the GStreamer spring hackfest here 2 years ago and I believe

people were happy. We could most likely go to the same place again,

which is a coworking space. I'll have to talk to them once we have

exact dates though.

The place would not be for free though, but compared to flight costs

this is probably negligible

Sebastian

Hey everybody,

Thessaloniki would be the most convenient for me, it's practically next door from Athens and I could get
there very easily and cheaply. Flight costs(from Europe at least) should be low too. I've been there 3 other
times, It's a really beautiful city and worth visiting.

US might be inconvenient(as Guillaume also pointed) for people that might object to the treatment foreigners
receive from the TSA.

Cheers,
Jordan