Re: Started adding GObject signals to gnome-class

On Sat, 2017-09-02 at 12:15 +0300, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
On Sat, 2017-09-02 at 10:20 +0300, Sebastian Dröge wrote:

Things to come:
- Some GObject interface

Yes, please!  I'm thinking that right now we have

gobject_gen! {
    class Foo: Parent {
    }
}

should we also allow "interface" as well as "class" in there?

Definetely! And similar to traits, you can have default
implementations for the interface methods or leave them
unimplemented.

Oh and interfaces can also have properties (to be
implemented/overridden by implementors) and signals.

An interface (Nameable) with a default implementation for its virtual
method is there too now, an two boxed types. One refcounted, one
copied. Both are basically Option<String> and opaque from the outside,
if you need non-opaque boxed types you would have to use #[repr(C)]
structs but that's otherwise all the same.