Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information request for anjuta

Hi,

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 19:15 +0000, GNOME Roadmap Gang wrote:

> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next 4 months, before feature and UI
>   freezes)?

- Improve gtksourceview based editor
- Provide easy start-up wizard
- Port gtk 2.10 deprecated APIs
- Get rid of libgnome(ui)
- Possibly start using gio
- Improve program execution interface
- Improve Build plugin

> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.26?

- New Symbol database plugin
- Improved symbol autocompletion
- Better glade integration.
- Automated UI testing
- git plugin

> - Do you have plans for a future release?

We follow gnome release plan as closely as possible.

> - Do you have any goals from 2.22 that were not achieved? Why?

* One important goal we missed was completing glade integration. We had
lack of resource to complete it. We are hoping to get it done via GSoC.

* The other was not completing 'new symbol db' plugin. We underestimated
the time required to complete it.

> - Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform
>   that would help you?

A reminder email notification of pending GNOME release, about 48 hours
before, would be nice.

> - Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you?  What are
>   they?

No plan so far.

> - Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?

I would like to see improved GNOME 'platform' support for developer
tools. So far all focus is on User Desktop support, but some of those
users are also developers.

For example, there is elaborate mime-type icons available in platform
for document files (doc, pdf, xls, txt, img ...), but very little for
developer files (language file, hearder files, executables, shared
libraries, static libraries, Makefile.am, Changlog ...). So, while file
manager window looks extremely nice in your 'documents folder', it looks
flat white in your source directory (and in IDE like anjuta).

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba