Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information request for evolution-data-server

** Sorry I missed to reply to this bunch of mails  **

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 19:15 +0000, GNOME Roadmap Gang wrote:
> Dear maintainer(s),
>
> GNOME 2.22 has been released and we've all started to focus on the next
> development cycle. As part of our roadmap process, we're now gathering
> information about our 2.24 plans and beyond. The goal is to compose a
> GNOME-wide roadmap for the next stable releases. And we need your help
> to do this. It's important that you take a few minutes to reply to the
> following questions before April 2.
>
> ----
>
> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next 4 months, before feature and UI
>   freezes)?
      * Calendar cache optimization (Can speed up Evolution calendar a
        lot and consumes less memory)
      * Camel/On-disk summary
      * WebDAV addressbook backend
      * Google Contacts backend
      * Strong focus on keeping EDS memory low and making it more
        stable.

> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.26?
We have some thoughts on moving mail to EDS and having Evolution talk to
EDS for mails and have mail notification, etc independent of Evolution.
As part of it, Split UI for Evolution, Editors in EDS can also be done.

> - Do you have plans for a future release?
Yes.

-Srini