Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information request for nautilus

El mar, 18-03-2008 a las 19:15 +0000, GNOME Roadmap Gang escribió:
> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next 4 months, before feature and UI
>   freezes)?

* A column-wise view (already implemented) [1]
* key binding support for Nautilus extensions
* tabbed interface (multiview branch, behind-the-scenes work mostly
finished, needs UI review)

> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.26?

* toolbar editor
* better list view interaction (depends on GTK+, cf. below)

> - Do you have plans for a future release?
>
> - Do you have any goals from 2.22 that were not achieved? Why?
>
> - Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform
>   that would help you?

For "better list view interaction", improvements to GtkTreeView are
required. I made some proposals for improving rubber banding selection
in a gtk-devel-list email [2]. We also need single-click activation
inside GtkTreeView.

> - Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you?  What are
>   they?
>
> - Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?

GnomeThumbnail should be moved out of libgnomeui, maybe into GTK+.

In general, we should try to patronize concrete subprojects (like SoC,
but architectural), because usually maintainers do not have time for
implementing everything they need themselves.

Examples would be the aforementioned GTK+ tree view improvements.

> To create/update the wiki page, follow the instructions: (...)

best regards,
 Christian Neumair

[1]
http://blogs.gnome.org/cneumair/2008/03/30/compact-view-has-landed-in-nautilus-trunk/