Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information request for deskbar-applet

> Dear maintainer(s),
>
> GNOME 2.20 has been released and we've all started to focus on the next
> development cycle. As part of our roadmap process, we're now gathering
> information about our 2.22 plans and beyond. The goal is to compose a
> GNOME-wide roadmap for the next stable releases. And we need your help
> to do this. It's important that you take a few minutes to reply to the
> following questions before October 17.

First of all, sorry for the late reply, but got to know about this email
just yesterday.

> ----
>
> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.22 (next 4 months, before feature and UI
>   freezes)?

* Add support for NewStuffManager (soon to be known as Capuchin) to
easily download additional plugins from the internet.
* Add full evolution address book search
* Improve speed and memory usage
* Bring back one of the old UIs
* Fix bugs

> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next year)?

Don't have plans, yet.

> - Do you have plans for a future release?

No.

> - Do you have any goals from 2.20 that were not achieved? Why?

No.

> - Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform
>   that would help you?

No, there's nothing I can think of.

> - Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you?  What are
>   they?

Yes, NewStuffManager aka Capuchin

> - Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?

Google calendar integration in Evolution.

- --
Greetings,
Sebastian P�erl