Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information request for gnome-devel-docs

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 23:34 +0000, GNOME Roadmap Gang wrote:
> Dear maintainer(s),
>
> GNOME 2.20 has been released and we've all started to focus on the next
> development cycle. As part of our roadmap process, we're now gathering
> information about our 2.22 plans and beyond. The goal is to compose a
> GNOME-wide roadmap for the next stable releases. And we need your help
> to do this. It's important that you take a few minutes to reply to the
> following questions before October 17.
>
> ----
>
> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.22 (next 4 months, before feature and UI
>   freezes)?
>
> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next year)?

The following are planned for the future, but I can't say
which release cycle they'll happen in:

- Update the Platform Overview to reflect changes in the platform.
  Upcoming technologies like gio/gvfs will need to be documented.
  If Gnome ever blesses a search technology, that will need to be
  included.  Also, a number of DBus desktop services are starting
  to show up.
- HIG: Long term, Calum has plans for a new HIG.  Short term, it
  would be nice to clean up the current version, including updating
  the screenshots to reflect current Gnome.
- The Documentation Handbook will need to be reworked to reflect
  recent and upcoming changes to the documentation system, such
  as Mallard and Rarian.
- The following documents are on the drawing board:
  - Accessibility Guide
  - Internationalization Guide
  - Optimization Guide

--