[Rhythmbox-devel] update the database outside the main program?

Hi all,

I've been trying to re-import my library to do some more plugin work, the problem is that the import grinds to a halt really quickly after opening and tells me that the db is read only. (nfs share and a lot of files)

When i was using RB full-time i used to edit the xml manually and run scripts on it, but is there an official way to edit the RB database? maybe using python and importing the RB modules?

If not i'll try and write up a script to do it and see how that goes manually creating the song entries