From: Sam Thursfield <ssssam gmail com>
Sent: 25 July 2019 10:29
To: Dale Powell
Cc: rhythmbox-devel gnome org
Subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Plug-in no longer working since update on Manjaro

Hi dale,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:46 PM Dale Powell via rhythmbox-devel <rhythmbox-devel gnome
org<mailto:rhythmbox-devel gnome org>> wrote:
Is this mailing list even active? Not seen a single other post come through.....
The list is working, I see your messages come through.

But following this up because it has come to my attention that far more than the plug-in created by my friend
has stopped working properly. Even the Alternative Toolbar, which is packaged as default and seems to be the
most suggested plug-in for many people's issues on how Rythmbox works as default, does not work properly any
more! (Try dragging to reorganise column order with latest version.) Surely the default plugins are something
you don't want to break..... Is anything going to  be done about getting the program working properly again?
I had hoped it might have just happened by now but months later and the situation is still borked!

It seems like there isn't much volunteer time available for Rhythmbox maintenance at the moment. Jonathan
is/was the only active maintainer in recent times, but the last time he merged a patch in GitLab was 6 months
ago.

This raises an interesting question of how the project can continue. Software projects work best when there
is a dedicated maintenance team to review and merge patches. This requires a good knowledge of the codebase
and a continual dedication of time, though. Is anyone interested in taking on such a role?

Sam