[Rhythmbox-devel] Enable the import of additional file types when a plugin is activated

Hi!
Using Rhythmbox 3.4.2 and python3.6.

My goal is to force Rhythmbox to accept file formats normally not
supported (.vgm) through a Python plugin.

I failed and I am too naive to understand what is going on in the C code.

I see running rhythmbox -d that on importing there are some messages
informing about querying for metadata, and it seems the decision on
whether to let the entry importable in the source is based on such metadata.

Also (rhythmdb.c, line 2481) the body of function
```C
static gboolean
rhythmdb_process_metadata_load (RhythmDB *db, RhythmDBEvent *event)
```
convinced me that there is no way to let in whatever file I would wish
in without digging deeper in the internal workings (by e.g. creating and
injecting bogus events or metadata).

1. Is my goal a use case for a plugin?
2. If so: any comments or suggestions?

I attach some code I wrote. The idea is to register a type in the Music
source, and then see if some of the 'MyEntryType.do_*' methods magically
trigger. (They don't.)

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.
--
-gapag