[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox plugin StartQueueShuffle

Hi,

I have created a simple little plug-in for Rhythmbox, and I would like to share it. I registered on https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Rhythmbox, but I can not add the link to the 3rd party plug-ins page. I get a "You are not allowed to edit this page" message.

The plugin can be found at http://rhythmbox-startqueueshuffle.sourceforge.net

This came about to satisfy my personal needs but I'm guessing others will find it useful too. The problem was that shuffling the entire collection does play some tracks more often than others. So I added all my tracks to the queue, which is great because once a track is played it is removed. But that has another drawback: the queue's order is re-set across restarts. So I created this little thing (my first Python code btw), all it does is shuffle the queue after some delay. The delay is needed so Rhythmbox can load the queue before the plugin kicks in.

As this my first post. My name's Peter, I live in Ohio. I'm a software developer for quite a few years now. Dropped all Win stuff back around when XP SP1 came out, happily using Linux ever since for everything I need to do. Hope to be able to contribute a bit, too. Thanks for all the great stuff you people created!

Peter