Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] ReplayGain info in database

Hi,

On Thu, 2015-09-24 at 23:55 -0700, Unknown wrote:
I was looking at the code to see how I can get GStreamer to transfer
ReplayGain information. I found that the information is obtained
through the database. I also noticed that RHYTHMDB_PROP_TRACK_GAIN
and
the others were marked as obsoleted. And sure enough, the database
does
not contain those values. Any chance to bring them back?

At this point, the Rhythmbox core doesn't actually store or use any
ReplayGain information directly.

The way ReplayGain currently works is that an rgvolume¹ GStreamer
element is added to decoding/playback pipeline; this takes the
ReplayGain info directly off the GStreamer bus where it was put by the
demuxer or decoder element.

The only reason to store ReplayGain in the Rhythmbox database might be
to satisfy user's curiosity - it could be displayed in a column or
shown in the track properties, I guess. Not really sure if that's worth
it :)

1)
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-rgvolume.html

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton kepstin ca>