[Rhythmbox-devel] Feature request : FATproof filenames option

Hello

First thank you for developping that amazing software.
I'd like to request the ability for Rhythmbox to rename the music files
(and library folders) with safe file names for FAT file system (without
'"','*','/',':','<','>','?','\','|' etc...). I know I'm not the first to
request this, but I think this could solve some really annoying situations.

A lot of people like me put their music to the memory of their walkman
using rsync, and that memory is often formatted in FAT format. So, rsync
just cannot copy these files with odd filenames, because it hasn't any
option to change filenames either.

I'm using Rhythmbox 3.0.3 on Ubuntu 14.10.

So, is it possible to hope that this feature will be implemented in a
coming update ?

Thanks for your attention.

Guy Godfroy