Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Fixed: UI freeze when updating tags of many tracks

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 09:33:11AM +0300, Yam Marcovic wrote:
Right, thanks!

Here's the rebased branch. I made it into 2 commits: one affecting RhythmDB
(which is essentially independent of the other) and the second using the
new DB features to make an async commit.
https://github.com/ymarcov/rhythmbox/commits/sync_multiple_songs_async

Attaching the patch to bugzilla - noted. If possible, I'd still appreciate
a basic review just to make sure I didn't do anything too weird.

I think you should find out what's actually taking so long in the commit process
and fix that.  I really don't want to add more threads to rhythmdb.