[Rhythmbox-devel] A bug-filing suggestion and a workaround to grant read-only access to Rhythmbox

Colin Caulkins wrote:
What is going on?  I cannot continue using Rhythmbox if it's going to
keep shitting the bed like this.

Unfortunately I can only offer a couple of suggestions for this:

- I'm guessing it will help the developers if you could give them the version of Rhythmbox you're using and the OS you're using. Perhaps this was an old issue already fixed in the latest version?

- consider setting up your music directory so Rhythmbox has read-only access to those files. Use another program (Ex Falso, EasyTAG, etc.) to edit the metadata of your audio files and then relaunch Rhythmbox to let Rhythmbox re-scan the music directory and see the changes. I do this by hosting my folder of music on a remotely-mounted file share mounted on one login that has read-only access and mounted to another login with read-write access. Thus I can mount the music share with read-write access when I need to edit something and I can point Rhythmbox to the directory mounted by the read-only user when I play audio with Rhythmbox (or any other audio player). I can also mount both concurrently if I want to edit metadata while Rhythmbox plays.