[Rhythmbox-devel] Reset Rhythmbox

Hi,

I am sending this question to you as I have not received any response on askubuntu.com for three weeks.

How does one reset Rhythmbox for a new library?

Previous similar questions have provided answers but the answers don't work for Ubuntu 12.04 and Rhythmbox 2.98.

I have an SD card with an extensive music library.  I have renamed unknown track titles to the correct track titles on the SD card with the file browser.  I have also changed a different album with unknown track titles to the correct titles by editing Rhythmbox properties, these are retained by Rhythmbox but not changed on the SD card which still shows only the track number.  I now want to reset the Rhythmbox library to match the edited SD card containing all the correct track titles.

Using answers from previous questions I have removed ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml.  I then import the new library on the SD card.  Titles renamed on the SD card with the file browser are not imported and titles changed by editing Rythmbox properties are still there.  No reset has occurred.

I have also removed ~/.cache/rhythmbox as suggested in previous answers to no avail.

Previous answers also suggest removing ~/.gconf/apps/rhythmbox.  This directory does not exist on Ubuntu 12.04.

Does anyone have any new ideas on how to reset the Rhythmbox library with Ubuntu 12.04 and Rhythmbox 2.98?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim,  pjschurz yahoo com