Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Coverart Plugin Never Finds Images

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM, John Frankish <j-frankish slb com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No matter which track is playing (see an example below), the coverart plugin never seems to fetch any cover art.

In this case it was because last.fm doesn't have a cover image for
this album. Try something less obscure?

> I don't see an error and I'm logged into last.fm via rhythmbox - I presume I'm missing a dependency or a directory under ~/.something, but what?

You don't appear to be.

> BTW, what causes the plugin not to search for local art or embedded art?

It's not a local file, so there can't be any local cover art. It's the
playing track, so we don't need to check for embedded art. If there
was any, the player would have provided it.