Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iTunes mozilla plugin

> I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but the "iTunes plugin" does one
> thing, and one thing only. Advertise that you have the iTunes plugin
> installed, as if you had iTunes installed on OSX or Windows.
>
> I don't know whether it's still needed. It does none of the things that
> you thought it did though.
>
> Cheers

So it just fools the site into thinking you have iTunes, so the site
provides the itms:// link even though it doesn't actually add support
for that.  I think I now understand what it does, and why it may have
been useful in the past when I think Apple had the podcasts as RSS
feeds.

In the specific examples I've tested it's much better without the
plugin.  It will prompt you to install iTunes if it's not installed.
If it is, it will try loading a itms:// link and then fail.

Example, try with and without the plugin:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewFeature?id=365778070

Thanks,
Bryan