Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Stream of what is playing in rhythmbox

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM,  <ugh_bough gmx net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> first of all thanks for the efforts you put in rhythmbox. I think its is a great software.
>
> I would like to find out for which 'home setups' i can use rb. I guess that this question was asked before, but searching google and the mailing list archive i could not get a definitive answer.
>
> Question: Are there (stable) ways to create an mp3-stream of what is currently playing in rhythmbox? Is there a plugin that supports this through icecast or something? Are there plans to add such support to rb?

It would be possible to implement something like this as a rhythmbox
plugin, but I'm not aware of any such plugins that already exist.

It's probably easier to approach it like this:
http://www.alex.ballas.org/2010/11/08/stream-any-pulseaudio-application/