Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Development Plan

Hi Shades,

Unfortunately, rhythmbox doesn't have all that much in the way of
developer information.  Though, now that you've cause me to look, I
found http://developer.gnome.org/rhythmbox/unstable/ which actually has
a good bit of the rhythmbox internals documented.

To set up your environment, look at how your distribution pulls in build
dependencies.  On Debian-based systems, it's usually something like
apt-get build-deps rhythmbox, and it should install every development
library you need to build the program.

Then, you'll want to clone the git repository with

git clone git://git.gnome.org/rhythmbox

into whatever directory you like to work in.  From there on, it's up to
you what you use to edit the files.  I just stick with emacs.

Best of luck,
 Matt