Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox settings location

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 16:02 +0100, David King wrote:
> I used to use Rhythmbox in Ubuntu, but now I use Linux Mint on the same
> PC. I want to know where the settings are saved from my previous
> installation to copy them into the new one in Mint. I cannot find a
> .rhythmbox folder in my home directory, so where are the files saved?

Assuming that you're using Rhythmbox 2.9x (the Gtk+-3 version)...
Your music library database is stored in the directory
  ~/.local/share/rhythmbox

Most of the configuration is actually stored in dconf. You can export
the configuration on one box with the command:
  dconf dump /org/gnome/rhythmbox/ > /path/to/rhythmbox-settings-backup
then import it on the other with
  dconf load /org/gnome/rhythmbox/ < /path/to/rhythmbox-settings-backup

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton kepstin ca>