[Rhythmbox-devel] python version in plugin

Hi, this might be more of a pure Python question... but:
I am writing a upnp control point plugin using coherence for rhythmbox so that one can send whatever is played to a network mediarenderer, for instance a WDTV live. The problem is that on my system (kubuntu natty) I have both Python 2.6 and 2.7 installed, and as far as I have understood coherence is not tested against Python 2.7, so I`d like to try it with Python 2.6. It is Python 2.7 that is chosen when my plugin is run in rhythmbox, and I get an error about
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/service.py", line 252, in _method_reply_return
    reply.append(signature=signature, *retval)
ValueError: Unable to guess signature from an empty list

How can I specify what modules/versions of Python to use? I know how I can check for the python version nr., but that does not help much. I want to tell the plugin to use python 2.6 or 2.5, if found.

regards, Ivar