Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox git compilation

Hi,

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like the paths for finding
rhythmbox-ui.xml are screwed up, and it can't find the GTK UI Manager
xml file that loads the main shell interface.

rb-shell.c:1466:

	gtk_ui_manager_add_ui_from_file (shell->priv->ui_manager,
					 rb_file ("rhythmbox-ui.xml"), &error);

I guess it hits an assertion and aborts before it has a chance to even
check for the error, dozens of lines later:

if (error != NULL) {
		g_warning ("Couldn't merge %s: %s",
			   rb_file ("rhythmbox-ui.xml"), error->message);
		g_clear_error (&error);
	}

Anyway I'm just guessing. What I'd recommend you do is run the process
under strace:

strace -Ff -eopen rhythmbox -d 2>&1

Look for any .xml or .ui files that get ENOENT (No such file or
directory). If it just searches a path and can't find it, that's fine,
but if it searches the entire path list and still can't find it,
that's pretty fatal.

Also, would be nice to know where this particular log line comes from:

(rhythmbox:4687): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_file_get_contents: assertion
`filename != NULL' failed

Which filename? The path to rhythmbox-ui.xml ? Better get to the bottom of it.

HTH,

Sean