Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] improvement suggesion

Hi,

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Philip <philip lange albemarleweb com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First a big thanks for a very usable app. LOVE IT.
>
> Suggestion: a way to edit the music file"Properties" fill ins. I would
> like to remove obsolete, changed and mis-spelled headings (eg:Artist,
> Genre, Album etc)but am unable to. A separate editable file would be
> great. Lacking that, info on how to find where it is stored and how to
> edit it.

The information in Rhythmbox's rhythmdb database is extracted from
metadata present in your music files. In the case of MP3, they're
called ID3 tags. You can edit the tags directly in Rhythmbox in the
properties window you just described. Are you unable to edit them? I
can edit them just fine on my computer.

There isn't really a separate editable file, but there are other ID3
tag editors out there (graphical and CLI) that can accomplish the same
purpose for music formats that have ID3 tags.