[Rhythmbox-devel] Writing a Python Plugin

Hi!

I've been writing a plugin for Rhythmbox in Python that allows boolean operators on searches (kind of like Winamp's advanced search).

I've gotten most of it working, but I'm having some trouble getting a reference to the LibraryBrowser, so I can set the query model. (Right now, it's a lot of hard-coded get_children calls.) I was hoping to find out if there was a better way to do this. Also, I have no idea how to set the playlist for other sources, so the current version of the plugin just dies for them.

A copy of the plugin can be found here: http://noobcake.frihost.org/rhythmbox/rhythmbox-pysearch-0.1.tar.gz

Thanks,
-Payton Yao