[Rhythmbox-devel] registering plugin

Hi All,

I recently attempted to write a plugin [1]. I received an anonymous bug (I suspect some one on this list as this is the only place I've publicised it). I'm grateful for this and it should be fixed now....

But my question is:

On my computer, RB: 0.13.1 is register my plugin __init__.py
  self.entry_type = GutenbergEntryType()
  self.db.register_entry_type(self.entry_type)

works, on another computer, RB: 0.12.8
  self.entry_type = self.db.entry_register_type("GutenbergEntryType")

works. But if I try one incantation on the other version I get an error:

AttributeError: '__main__.RhythmDBTree' object has no attribute 'entry_register_type'

or

NotImplementedError: GutenbergEntryType is an abstract widget.

Any thoughts?

richard

1. http://gitorious.org/project_gutenberg_rb