Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox notifications in Gnome Shell

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
> Since how we interact with the notification is going to change how should we
> be adapting rhythmbox to work better with gnome-shell?  It doesn't seem that
> we would be able to access the controls as easily with gnome-shell's
> notification setup.  The current iteration of g-s (gnome-shell) of
> notification seems to much more enforce the "notifications only".  I think
> though we might be able to do something really cool for notifications for
> Gnome 3.0.
>
> What do you guys think?

So far, we've implemented almost everything from these mockups:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Guidelines/MessageTray/MusicPlayer
- the code for this is all in git master, so I'd encourage anyone
already building gnome shell to try it out and give some feedback.

Hey, this is pretty neat!  Thanks for re-showing that I think you may have mentioned this before but it's always nice to get a reminder that this work is going on!  So I think it all looks good.  I'll need to compile rhythmbox under gnome-shell to see how it goes.

I think we talked about this befoer as well regarding _javascript_ bindings to allow for rhythmbox related gnome-shell extensions?  I'm also interested in seeing if we would be able to do any hooks to some of the social networking libraries that are being developed, I can't remember the library du jour, but being able to "twitter this" or "facebook that" might be fun for some of us.  (not me though, but it's all about those darn kids anyways :-)

sri