Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox doesn't work

On Jan 4, 2011, at 8:38, dmatyszak <dmatyszak rau co zw> wrote:

Hi

I am new to linux and have just installed ubuntu 9.04 from a disc to a VM alongside Windows XP. I upgraded to ubuntu 9.10.

I am unable to find this problem discussed on the net.

When I put a CD into the tray...nothing happens at all. The cd does not appear in the side panel of rhythmbox. I have installed ubuntu-resources-extras as advised but no change...

Have I missed an essential step somewhere.

What should I do next?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Derek
Zimbabwe