[Rhythmbox-devel] plugin writing GUI

i maintain a plugin that doesn't have any GUI but i'd like to add one
at some stage. First i want to add a 'configure' window then a
preview/verification window before the plugin processes.

http://launchpad.net/rb-fileorganizer

The only problem is that I've never built a GUI program before. I've
built some basic windows in glade3 but the actual act of fitting them
into Rhythmbox doesn't make any sense to me. I've read through the
writing guide but i pretty much have no idea what i'm doing.

I've looked at other plugins hoping to ape them or get an idea but i'm
totally lost.
can someone point me in the right direction?