[Rhythmbox-devel] Question: how to display contents of column under mouse pointer as tooltip
- From: Γιώργος Κυλάφας <gekylafas gmail com>
- To: rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: [Rhythmbox-devel] Question: how to display contents of column under mouse pointer as tooltip
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 21:05:25 +0300
(please CC me to any answers as I am not subscribed to the list)
I am trying to write a patch to show a tooltip in RBEntryView in case a
column is not wide enough to display its full contents. However, I seem to have
hit a wall and I would appreciate your help.
This is what I have managed so far:
1. During the construction of the RBEntryView, I have connected the signal
"query-tooltip" to a new callback:
rb_entry_view_query_tooltip_cb (GtkWidget *widget,
2. Inside rb_entry_view_query_tooltip_cb(), I either use
gtk_tree_view_get_path_at_pos() or gtk_tree_view_get_tooltip_context() to
get the GtkTreePath/GtkTreeViewColumn or GtkTreeIter, respectively, under
the mouse pointer.
3. Then, I either use rhythmdb_query_model_tree_path_to_entry() or
rhythmdb_query_model_iter_to_entry() to get the RhythmDBEntry under the
However, I cannot find a way to get the contents of the specific column under
the mouse pointer, even though I know the GtkTreeViewColumn.
I would appreciate your help,
] [Thread Prev