Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Using Enter to play a song

On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 01:58 +0200, Thorsten Günther wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 05.09.2010, 01:40 +0200 schrieb Thorsten Günther:
> >
> > I discovered that after navigating the Rhythmbox playlist with the
> > cursor keys I can't start playing the song by hitting Enter. This
> > irritated me. I didn't find a way to do it other than grabbing the mouse
> > and double click on it. I suggest assigning the Enter key to do that.
>
> After sending my previous mail I had to realize that Enter does play the
> song sometimes... But you have to have clicked on some item (any item)
> in the window before!

After looking into this a bit, it seems to depend on which column in the
list view is selected. If the first column (the one with the speaker
icon at the top) is selected, pressing Enter or Space does nothing. If
any other column is selected, pressing Enter or Space starts the song!

The workaround for now is to press the Right-arrow key before hitting
Enter, to make sure you're in a different column...

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton gmail com>