Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UPNP playlist support

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Damien Moore <damienlmoore gmail com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I recently started using Rhythmbox for serving music to my PS3. Work nicely,
> but one issue I have is that it doesn't seem to support playlists. I'm using
> Ubuntu 10.04 with Rhythmbox v0.12.8. I discovered a patch here that would
> appear to add support for playlists:
>
> http://coherence.beebits.net/ticket/189
>
> But it seems that this patch didn't make it into the ubuntu 10.04 version of
> the Rhythmbox coherence plugin. If so, how would I go about obtaining a
> version with support for playlists? I would prefer not to have to rebuild
> Rhythmbox from scratch, but could if need be...

I wasn't previously aware of this patch, so it's not currently in
Rhythmbox at all. Since the Coherence plugin is written in python, you
can just apply the patch to your installed version without rebuilding
anything. Something like this:

$ mkdir -p ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/plugins/
$ cp -a /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/upnp_coherence
~/.local/share/rhythmbox/plugins/
$ cd ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/plugins/upnp_coherence/
$ wget -O - 'http://coherence.beebits.net/attachment/ticket/189/upnp_coherence-playlists.diff?format=row'
| patch -p0

.. not that I actually tried that.