[Rhythmbox-devel] MPID - Can't find path

I'm just wondering if anyone can share some background with me regarding the iPod plugin.

I'm using an iPhone 3g that's been upgraded to ios4.1.

I've been digging through the plugin source and I haven't been able to get the MPIDDevice class to expose anything usefull.

in a debugging session I see the following:
Input_path "/home/gary/.gvfs/Gary C Lucas's iPhone"
error: MPID_ERROR_NO_DEVICE_PATH
source: MPID_SOURCE_NONE

So I'm wondering if:

a) I'm totally barking up the wrong tree
b) Maybe my device isn't supported (IOS 4.1)

I would appreciate any suggestions that anyone may have.

Thank you

Gary Lucas