Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] use built in rhythmbox widgets in python

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 1:00 AM, ali va <ali vakilzade gmail com> wrote:
> In rhythmbox api there is a part named Widgets
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/rhythmbox/unstable/ch07.html
>
> but it talks about c
> I want to create one of that widgets in python but how?
> what is python api for that?

The python API maps fairly directly to the C API. We don't have
separate documentation for it.

> for example when i write
> song_info=rb_song_info_new()
> in 'c' it is ok
> but what should I write for that in python

songinfo = rb.SongInfo(args)

For a given widget class, take the class name (RBSongInfo) and chop
off the namespace part (RB) and you have the python type name. For
methods, remove the class name prefix (rb_song_info_) and you have the
python method name.

I'm not sure any of the widget classes have been used in this way
before. It may not be possible to use all of these widgets from python
- the constructors may not be hooked up correctly, or it may not be
possible to get all of the arguments you need. If you find any
problems like this, please file a bug in GNOME bugzilla and I'll try
to fix it.